Wuhan Railway Station
Adjacent to third ring road, Wuhan Railway Station is one of the most important transportation hubs in Hubei Province. It is around 10.6 miles (17 kilometers) to Yellow Crane Tower, 11.2 miles (18 kilometers) to Yangtze River Bridge, 10 miles (16 kilometers) to Wuchang Railway Station, 12 miles (20 kilometers) to Hankou Railway Station, and 26 miles (42 kilometers) to Tianhe International Airport.
Address: Baiyun Road, Hongshan District
The station terminal resembles a flying crane, representing the rising of the city and central China. Its rolling roof stands for that Hubei is a province with thousands of lakes. The building altogether consists of four floors, three above ground and one underground.
3F: Entrances, security checks, waiting hall, ticket barriers, ticket offices in four corners
2F: Platforms and rail tracks
1F: Arrival hall, subway exit/entrance, exit passages
-1F: Platforms of subway line 4
1. There are self-service ticket machines in each of the ticket office. However, the machines can only be used by passengers who hold Chinese second generation ID cards. For foreign passengers, please purchase or collect the tickets at the ticket windows with your valid certificates like passport.
2. There is an elevated pedestrian passageway in front of the terminal, which can lead passengers from ground to the waiting hall directly.
3. The station does not offer a luggage consignment service so far. If passengers need to consign their luggage, Wuchang and Hankou Railway Stations are good alternatives.
Besides the terminal building, the station has east and west two squares. The east square is mainly for transport use and Yangchunhu Coach Station is located on its south side, which operates coaches to Tianmen, Huangshi, Xiaogan, and Tianhe International Airport. The city bus stop is located to the north. There are also taxi stands and parking lots in this square for passengers’ convenience. The west square is a landscape square with many plants and waters.
How to get to other places from Wuhan Railway Station:
To Yellow Crane Tower: Take subway line 4 to Hongshan Square, change to line 2 to Changgang Road, get out from exit E and then walk about 900 yards to get there.
To Yangtze River Bridge: Take subway line 4 to Fuxing Road, get out and walk to Zhangzhidong Road Fuxing Road to take bus 578 or 43 to Linjiang Avenue Pinghu Gate, then walk about 250 yards to the bridge.
To Wuchang Railway Station:
1. Subway line 4 can take you there directly;
2. Bus 540 can take you to east square of Wuchang station.
To Hankou Railway Station:
1. Take subway line 4 to Hongshan Square, and then change to line 2 to Hankou station.
2. Take bus 610 or 725 to get there directly.
3. Take a train to get there directly. There are about 20 departures daily from 05:54 to 22:36.
To Tianhe Airport:
Take airport shuttle line 3 from Yangchunhu Coach Station at east square of the station to the airport directly. The bus departs at 12:10, 13:10, 16:10 and 17:10. Ticket fare is CNY37 and duration is about 70 minutes.